Orange Poppy Seed Cake
An easy cake to make that is full of delicious zesty orange flavour, with the subtle crunch of poppy seeds.
- 1 orange, quartered, pips removed
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 eggs
- 460g caster sugar
- 250g butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 300g SR flour
- 20g poppy seeds
- 60g shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a round cake tin with baking paper.
- Place orange, zest, eggs, caster sugar and butter in the large food processor bowl. Mix for 20 seconds, speed 13. Add SR flour and poppy seeds. Mix for 5 seconds, speed 13.
- Pour mixture in to prepared cake tin and bake for 70-80 minutes. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool.
- Toast coconut in a dry frying pan over medium heat until lightly browned. Sprinkle over cooled cake and serve.