Vegetable Stock Paste
An essential ingredient to have on hand, my recipe is lower in salt than the traditional thermal cooker recipes. That way you can add loads of flavor to your dishes, without adding loads of salt! Just store your spare jars in the freezer for longevity, as my reduced salt version means it won't keep for months in the fridge. You could even freeze the paste in ice cube trays for easy storage and use.
- 4 sticks celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch basil, washed and chopped
- 1 tbs Italian herbs
- 75g rock salt
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- a good grind of black pepper
- Place all ingredients in the thermal bowl. EXPERT/45 seconds/speed 12/0 degrees/cap on.
- Scrape down the sides. EXPERT/20 minutes/speed 2A/110 degrees/cap on.
- EXPERT program/40 seconds/work slowly up to speed 18/0 degrees/cap on.
- Spoon into sterilised jars or ice cube trays and allow to cool, then freeze, keeping 1 jar in the fridge for using now.