Mexican Aztec Pie
So full of freshness and flavor. I serve this at the table and let everyone help themselves.
- 500g vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 tbs vegetable stock paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, stalks removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 onions, halved
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Mexican spice mix
- ½ tbs. ground chipotle chillies
- 3 cobs corn (or 1 can corn kernels)
- olive oil for brushing
- 6 Simson’s Pantry premium white wraps
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 200ml sour cream
- 200g tasty cheese, grated
- chopped avocado, tomato and coriander, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Place tomatoes, chicken stock, coriander and garlic in the thermal bowl. EXPERT/45 seconds/speed 13/0 degrees/cap on. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse thermal bowl, add 500ml water and insert the steamer basket. Place chicken breasts in steamer basket. STEAM/25 minutes/cap on. Remove basket, empty water, place chicken in thermal bowl. EXPERT/30 seconds/speed 13/0 degrees/cap on. Set aside.
- Place onions in thermal bowl. EXPERT/20 seconds/speed 13/0 degrees/cap on. Add olive oil, Mexican spice mix and chipotle chillies in the thermal bowl. EXPERT/7 minutes/speed 3/110 degrees/cap off. Remove and stir onion mixture through shredded chicken. Set aside.
- Slice corn kernels from cobs. Heat a frying pan to a high heat. Cook corn until lightly charred. Set aside. (Skip this step if using canned corn)
- Brush wraps with olive oil.
- In a casserole dish layer wraps, tomato mixture, chicken mixture, corn, black beans, sour cream and cheese in two layers. Cook for 25 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with chopped avocado, tomato and coriander.