Carrot Cake with Lemon Frosting
This cake is so easy, moist and delicious. All mixed in Maggie’s thermal bowl so minimal clean-up for you. It’s also dairy free, and full of wonderful ingredients that are good for us such as olive oil, carrots, spelt flour and eggs. I bet no one can tell that it’s a healthier take on the traditional carrot cake. It’s lovely even without the icing, leave it off and more healthy points to you! Yes please, I’ll have another slice.
- 250g carrots (about 3), roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 150g light flavoured olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250g rapadura sugar
- 250g plain spelt flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place carrots in thermal bowl. EXPERT/20 seconds/speed 13/0 degrees/cap ON. Add remaining ingredients. Run the PASTRY/CAKE program.
- Pour into an oiled Bundt or cake tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out of the centre cleanly.
- Allow to cool, turn out of cake tin, and ice if using.
- Simple icing – all I do is mix icing sugar with enough lemon juice to make a paste.