Mexican Pulled Chicken, Lime & Chilli Wraps
Quick-ish Mexican, and so much better for you than the store-bought boxed up versions. The wraps I used are lime & chilli from Simson’s Pantry, but if you don’t like it spicy, try a different flavour!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbs Mexican spice mix
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 Simson’s Pantry lime & chilli wraps
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Optional – pickled Jalapeno slices, diced
- To serve – chargrilled lime wedges
- Place 500ml room temperature water in the thermal bowl. Insert the steaming basket and place the chicken inside. Pop on the lid and run the STEAM program for 25 minutes.
- Remove the steaming basket, dispose of the liquid. Place the chicken in the thermal bowl, along with the Mexican spice mix and the garlic. EXPERT/5 seconds/speed 12/0 degrees/cap ON. Viola – pulled Mexican chicken!
- Heat olive oil in a chargrill pan, BBQ, or a frying pan. Spread each wrap with avocado and top with tomato, chicken and tasty cheese. Add the jalapeno slices if you like it spicy. Fold wrap in half and cook on both sides until cheese has melted and the wrap is crispy. Serve with chargrilled lime wedges.