Chilli Con Carne
An oldie but a goodie, made even easier in Maggie, with lots of added vegetables.
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbs virgin olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- 3 tbs vegetable stock paste
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs smokey paprika
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground oregano
- chilli powder, to taste
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 140g tomato paste
- 2 tins red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Place carrot, capsicum and celery in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 20 seconds / speed 13 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Remove, and set aside.
- Place onions and garlic in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 10 seconds / speed 13 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Scrape down sides. Add oil. EXPERT / 10 minutes / speed 3 / 110 degrees / cap OFF.
- Add mince, give it a stir with the spatula. EXPERT / 8 minutes / speed 1A / 120 degrees / cap ON. Stop every few minutes, give it a stir with the spatula, and scrape down the sides.
- Add vegetable stock paste, cumin, paprika, cacao, sugar, oregano, chilli, tomatoes and tomato paste. EXPERT / 30 minutes / 2A / 95 degrees / cap ON.
- Using the spatula stir through the red kidney beans. Replace lid and let stand for 15 minutes before serving with Greek yoghurt.