Pea & Halloumi Fritters
I love the combination of buttery, melty halloumi with peas and a touch of lemon zest. So quick, easy and delicious.
- 250g frozen peas
- 80g milk
- 4 eggs
- 60g wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- Black pepper to taste
- 250g halloumi, cut into 1 cm cubes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place peas, milk, eggs, flour, baking powder, zest and pepper in the large food processor bowl. Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Stir through halloumi (don’t process as we want chunks of melty, buttery halloumi in the fritters).
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place heaped tablespoons in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until golden.