Leek & Split Pea Soup
Wholesome and filling, this easy soup is a real winner in our home. Another wonderful set and forget recipe.
- 40g virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 350g dried green split peas
- 1 litre water
- 2 tbs vegetable stock paste
- Place olive oil, leeks and garlic in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 15 minutes / 2A / 110 degrees / cap ON.
- Add celery, carrots, split peas, water and stock paste. EXPERT / 80 minutes / 95 degrees / cap ON.
- Puree for a few seconds on speed 10 if you like it “chunky”, or longer for a smoother texture. Add a little more water if it is too thick (I love thick soups). Season and serve.