Choc Chip Shortbread Cookies
I’ve adapted this recipe from my Mum’s famous shortbread cookies, they’ve always been a family favourite. Making this dough in the food processor is a cinch, just make sure your butter is nice and chilled.
- 375g cold butter, cut into 2cm chunks
- 185g icing sugar
- 125g cornflour
- 375g plain flour
- 350g choc bits
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place butter and icing sugar in the large food processor bowl. Process on speed 10 for around 30 seconds until the mixture comes together.
- Add cornflour and plain flour. Process again on speed 10 for 30 seconds, or until the mixture comes together. Stop and scrape down the sides with the spatula if needed.
- Remove mixture to a mixing bowl and stir through the choc bits. Roll into walnut sized balls, place on a baking tray and flatten gently with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes until a pale fawn colour.