My lemon trees were dripping with lemons. So when life gives you lemons, make lemon curd! No more standing over the double boiler stirring, stirring, stirring. Making this in your Magimix Cook Expert is so simple, you’ll have jars of happy, delicious, lemony goodness in no time. Spread it on bread, drizzle over vanilla ice-cream, layer it with crushed amaretti biscuits and yoghurt for a fast and simple parfait, top your Pavlova, bake it into a lemon tart… so many uses!
- 500g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 1100g sugar
- 10 eggs
- 10 lemons, zest and juice
- Place butter in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 7 minutes / 1A / 95 degrees / cap ON.
- Add sugar. EXPERT / 1 minute / speed 10 / 0 degrees / cap ON.
- Add eggs, lemon zest and juice. EXPERT / 10 minutes / speed 7 / 95 degrees / cap ON. Then run EXPERT / 30 minutes / speed 3 / 95 degrees / cap OFF.
- Strain mixture through a sieve and pour into sterilized jars, screwing the lids on tightly.