Rapadura & Seed Cookies
I wanted to make a guilt-free cookie high in healthy fats that was refined sugar-free, as well as gluten-free. After many tests and combinations I’ve come up with these. Rapadura sugar has the most beautiful caramel flavour, and it’s available in most supermarkets so be sure to seek it out. If you can’t find it you could substitute coconut sugar, or brown sugar.
- 180g sunflower seeds
- 100g pepita seeds
- 80g buckwheat kernels, raw
- 40g chia seeds
- 240g rapadura sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 60g melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place sunflower seeds, pepita seeds, buckwheat kernels and chia seeds in the thermal bowl. EXPERT / 20 seconds / speed 18 / 0 degrees / cap ON.
- Add rapadura sugar. EXPERT / 10 seconds / speed 13 / 0 degrees / cap ON.
- Add egg whites and melted butter. EXPERT / 45 seconds / speed 5 / 0 degrees / cap ON. Stop to scrape down sides if needed.
- Using slightly damp hands squash 1 tablespoon of mixture into a ball, flatten slightly and place on baking tray. Repeat with remaining mixture and bake for 20-22 minutes until just crisp. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature.